1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hudl vs 2012 Nexus7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by funkylogik, Dec 16, 2013.

1. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Hey peeps, so i want a cheap tab for xmas to mostly be used as a media device (watching youtube, netflix, etc and maybe as a music player hooked up to my hifi amp) so whats the best in your opinion? Theyre around the same price just now (cant understand why the 1st gen N7 hasnt dropped in price more yet) so, opinions please :)
    P.s, i havent checked out the ATR sub-forum yet but i will be wanting to root. Im gona try not to mess with roms (my phone is my toy, the tab will just be an appliance).
    Thanks in advance guys :beer:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The nexus is hands down going to be easier to root and already have a thriving development community.

I can't say I know much about the hudl :eek:

3. totalguy

totalguy Newbie

the nexus is overpriced, the hudl has the same sort of hardware as the hudl not exactly but not far off and the hudl is far cheaper.

end of hte day it depends what you want it for really

4. efjaydee

efjaydee Newbie

I've owned both and would recommend the Hudl.

I've had games which didn't work well on the N7 work better with the Hudl. The Hudl also takes microSD cards, they say upto 32GB. But I've got 64GB for music, documents, ePubs, PDFs and movies and it works great. Having a total of 80GB is cool. The Hudl is great for media, comes with Clubcard TV and Blinkbox built-in, also has HDMI output which looks great on TV.

The wife never puts hers down, she's sat next me now playing hers and refusing to make coffee. (sigh!)

psionandy likes this.
  5. totalguy

totalguy Newbie

thats good to know :) it was probably set as 32 at the time they made them but i assume they either support bigger naturally or it was in an update somewhere.

6. efjaydee

efjaydee Newbie

I think it's because it's guaranteed to accept SDHC, the maximum size being 32GB.

For 64GB, it's a SDXC card, I can confirm that Sandisk Ultra 64GB U1 which is 10 MB/s (similar to SDHC class 10) does work.

7. totalguy

totalguy Newbie

cool what do you need to format it with? fat? ntfs? other ?

Tesco Hudl Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews