• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge Battery Fix for Inc - Is this legit?

Backup assistant only runs once a day at a predetermined time, I can't see that would give that much battery life by disabling it although the option not to sync would be nice. I had BA on my previous phones, ENV Touch, ENV3, DARE, and nobody brought it up that would be a battery drainer.

Can someone confirm that it runs continuously and updates when changes are made to the contacts?

Upvote 0
2 hours of awake time isn't that useful.

When my phone is doing nothing but receiving the occasional push gmail it uses roughly 1% of battery life per hour. Is 100 hours of battery life useful if you never use the device?

Only using the phone for 2 hours in 43 hours... I don't think I could do that.

Upvote 0
The "Up Time" is not how long he had been without a full charge, it is how long he has been since he last turned off the phone, completely off. I unplugged mine this morning and my "Up Time" is 40h43m, but has been much more than that before. That guy needs to hit the battery use and actually see how long it's been since he unplugged the phone.

Upvote 0
I would also like to point out that all these screen shots of battery life etc can be complete bs. If I plug my phone in it keeps my up time and awake time going. e.g. I have 99% battery life with up time 17 hours and awake 5 hours... just saying.

I find the best way to increase my battery life is to use the power bar widget and turn off the refreshing button. That's when I want to make sure it lasts. I usually do this when I am somewhere it doesn't matter if I don't get an email right away. Really no problem for me to check certain things by manually refreshing them if I need to know. A lot of other stuff still runs in the background etc..

Upvote 0
I just checked and I guess I never installed backup assistant when I first got my phone because its not installed and therefore doesn't sync during the day. With that being said my battery life still sucks. I see about 2-3 hrs of awake time in a 14hr day before putting the phone back on the charger. I don't think this is a fix because like everyone says the awake time is the real thing to look at. I can let my phone sit over night and not use it and only loose 10% battery life.

Upvote 0
14 hours of battery life is pretty decent

What's your time without a signal? Setting always on mobile data off for me helped because my building doesn't get very good reception.

I routinely get 14 hours, doing something similar to you, but I added a widget to my homescreen to turn off 3G Mobile when I'm not using it, since i have WiFi at home, I leave 3G off till I leave the house, or until I need to do something on the phone, then it's just one tap and it's back on, now I don't get my email every 2 mins or anything but thats ok with me because it's 95% junk anyway.

Upvote 0
I have been using the htc sync programs for a while and i did notice some battery improvement. However it is not necessary to avoid these features. I set my vzw sync to sync 1 time at night when my phone is plugged in. All the other sync programs sync every 12 hours. Before i wa letting these things sync whenever and i did notice a huge battery improvement in changing these settings. I wouldn't reccomend turning these features off. Fb does much more than keeps ur friend stream going. It integragtes into your entire phonebook.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones