1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Huge Battery Improvement since GB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stauren1203, Nov 4, 2011.

1. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed this? It's 11:10AM right now, and usually with medium use at this time of day I'm at about 55%, but right now, with pretty heavy use(50+ texts so far today, constant music on, leaving the screen on sitting at my desk, a little browsing, updating 3 apps in the market) I'm sitting at 74%.

Has anybody else had this significant of an improvement?

Advertisement

2. Buddha64

Buddha64 Android Enthusiast

No.

stauren1203 likes this.
  3. donas

donas Well-Known Member

Not here.....somewhat humorous but I would go as far as to say the opposite.

stauren1203 likes this.
  4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

i have been rooted since day one, but my buddy with a stock TB said he has notice the battery life being better.

stauren1203 likes this.
  5. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

I'm rooted (on stock ROM). I find it weird that some people would get better battery and some would get worse. Did the update apply new Radios as well? Maybe that has something to do with it as well

6. photondev

photondev Member

I have also noticed a big improvement in battery life

jj3699 and stauren1203 like this.
  7. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

Nope. Mine seems to be getting slightly crappier battery life

stauren1203 likes this.
  8. donas

donas Well-Known Member

At least I'm not going crazy.......

stauren1203 likes this.
  9. droidsmurf

droidsmurf Newbie

Stock and better battery life since update.

10. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast

Power cycle your phone, I bet you're nowhere near 74%

11. zombiegirl

zombiegirl Lurker

mine is HORRIBLE since the update!!!!

12. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast

Mine is worse since the update, I think. I know it doesn't make sense, but nevertheless.

13. Tide311

Tide311 Newbie

It isn't better. It isn't worse. Just typical HTC battery life which has always been hampering their products since day 1.

14. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

Mine still SUCKS after update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. PoweredByLE5

PoweredByLE5 Well-Known Member

yes deff battery improvement got 7 hrs continuous use with stock bat today and that was with crappy reception half the time (which destroys battery) then finally i got in an area with 4g for the rest of the time and plus it was cold out. usually i get 4 hrs out of it with the crappy reception. so i was quite surprised today when i got better battery on 4g haha

16. magpullin

magpullin Well-Known Member

I noticed slightly better battery life with GB and the new Radio.

17. Rodent

Rodent Member

Better here, but I did the update that wiped the phone, not the OTA...so I am sure I lost some apps that were sucking down juice that I had installed ;p

18. racefan25

racefan25 Member

I never did the update but my phone seems to have it since there are a few changes that were included in the GB update and yes I have a huge battery improvement. I take my phone off the wall charger at 5:30am and it is now 8pm and just hit 30% battery life left. What a great improvment:D

RJSH_1727 likes this.
  19. al91stang

al91stang Lurker

I went from 15hrs to about 26hrs on a full charge so yes way better

RJSH_1727 likes this.
  20. snuggles

How the hell can some people have better battery and others like myself get crap???

21. snsjets

snsjets Member

Overall my TB runs quite smoothly after the latest update but my battery life is definitely worse now!

22. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Simple there can be many things like if people has sync on to update facebook, emails and so on. Also Apps that auto updates thenseves. so it can be manythings to cause some to have better battery life while bad for others. No two phones are setup alike.

23. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

You are not alone. I went from getting about 8hrs to 6hrs. I have done a factory reset and I still only get approximately 6hrs.

24. snuggles

I haven't changed any of my settings and my battery won't make it through the day without a charger near by. Before this freakin update I had no problems with battery life or any other problems. I want my original phone back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!