1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

huge battery problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by android n00b, Jun 29, 2011.

1. android n00b

android n00b Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    My 2 day old atrix 4g has practically no battery life. It was 100% charged at 6:30 and now at 11:20 I have 30% I've done some light browsing and 30-45 minutes of angry birds and the rest of the time the phone has been idle. It says that media server has used 55% of my battery, I haven't even used any media today! What's wrong here???

Advertisement

2. animeware

animeware Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    Wow that's really bad bro did you get the phone at the AT&T store or did you get it on Craiglist or Ebay?

If you got the Phone used by someone else then AT&T cannot really help you with this problem.

If you did buy it though AT&T store then you can take the phone back and they can give you a another phone since it's hardware issue. the battery isn't post to be that way it's post to give you a lot of juice in it that's really odd if you ask me I do not own a Atrix as of yet I'm planning on getting one really soon.

If you did get it used you can go on e-bay buy a new battery for the atrix phone it shouldn't be that expensive for a battery for the atrix.

Good Luck I hope this help you out pale.

3. mzungu.andrew

mzungu.andrew Member
    None

Hey, I read other posts on this forum about the Li-ion batteries having to "normalize". It's true, they do. My battery was pretty bad the first few days, but now every day it lasts longer and longer. It has been about 1 1/2 weeks so far. Give it a few more days or week or two and see if it gets better. Trust me, I know what you are going through and mine is a lot better.

Also, get Advanced Task Killer and set it to kill after 1 hour or so. I have mine set on Aggressive too.

Read the forums, there's a lot of things you can do to help or hurt your battery.

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011

Welcome to the Atrix. I have had my Atrix for over two months now and in the beginning, I let the battery drain a few days until it shut off. I recharged it, powered off, over night. Do not install a task killer, the Atrix has its own task manager. (You can find it in the app drawer.) Make this a shortcut to your home screen for quicker access. You can select certain 3rd party apps to end after screen time out. Go into menu> settings> applications> running applications and take note as to what is running and for how long. I have found this to be very helpful, in seeing what apps have been running in the background. (The task manager will list all apps that are running in the back ground first and further down on the list will list apps

5. mzungu.andrew

mzungu.andrew Member
    None

I have found that the advanced task killer is better than the stock task manager. That is why I use it. And it can automatically kill apps (including itself) every so often.