• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge benefits when combining Quickdesk and Bar Control

uzee

May 14, 2010
Scotland
The quick desk and bar control apps are so far my favourite.

Previously i had my switches/toggles of wifi/3g/gps/silent/bluetooth on the desktop. Now i have these switches in quickdesk.

Thats not all - using the bar control app i can have any shortcuts in my slide down bar. So i just added the quickdesk app in my bar.

The benefit is that i can now access my switches/toggles from anywhere. For example if im using my browser and forgot to switch on wifi, while browser is open i just slide down the bar and through quick desk switch on wifi.

This means that i do not need to navigate away from the current app that is open. Normally you would have to minimise the current app open and navigate to desktop to toggle switches, then go back to the app you were using.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones