• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huge boot problem- Please help- desprate

a5a4a3a2a1

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
I just got another android phone which is the optimus v and i got another one becasue i accedently dropped my other one on the ground and now i have a huge problem and i really need help.

I rooted it becasue i like to use it as a hotspot but then i got carried away and wanted to edit like the wifi and 3g sighn so i googled it and i found sotmhing on this droid site but dident relize it was for the droids untill i saw the logo when i started looking for help on the coputer. I couldent find anything so im posting here and really needing helo. I cant take a picture of it but the boot screen does the virgin mobile thing and then goes to this kinda of looking screen here.

Ultimate Droid

then would just disapear and do a - at the top of the screen for a split second.

What i did was replace the framwork.apk thing in the systen file with this waterward thing.

I really could use some help

When i Push the volume up and home and power i tried everything on the recovery menu but nothing worked and the apply sdcard thing said it was missing the directory.,

PLEASE HELP ME!

Don't worry, you'll be fine! ;)

Did you install a custom ROM? If so follow these steps:

1) Boot into recovery (home_button+volume_down+power_button) with your phone plugged into your PC's USB port

2) Choose Mounts and Storage, then at the bottom, enable USB mass storage.

3) A window should popup on your PC showing your sdcard

4) Drag the ROM zip file of your choice, and gapps zip file, from your PC to the sdcard window to copy them over

5) In recovery, go back to the main menu, and select wipe cache

6) Next select mounts and storage again, this time format system, boot, and cache

7) Back in the main menu, choose install zip from sdcard (DO NOT CHOOSE UPDATE)

8) Select install from sdcard (DO NOT INSTALL UPDATE ZIP)

9) Choose the ROM zip file, it will take 2-5 minutes to flash

10) Select install from sdcard again, and this time choose the gapps zip file

11) Back in the main menu, select reboot

If you didn't install a custom ROM, and you don't want to now, you'll need to grab the stock Optimus V nandroid backup file. Place it on your sdcard the same as above, then choose backup/restore, and then select restore, then choose the nandroid from the stock Optimus V. Then reboot and you'll be back to stock.

All this info and the needed files can be found in my signature's last link, Best Thread Ever. ;)

Upvote 0
srry lost my password
The only options avaiable in recovery mode were/ are

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
You are in the stock recovery. Can you access your phone with a command prompt from your PC? Have you established ADB in the system path of your PC? Have you installed the LG drivers onto your PC? We need to try to get a custom recovery on your phone that will allow you to change your ROM to one that is functioning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones