1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root HUGE DRAIN after installing OMJ's 2.2 ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IPvFletch, Oct 4, 2010.

1. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I did unrEVOked 3.21 and applied OMJ's 2.2 netarchy kernel ROM.

I am not sure what my battery life was at this point but I was now on 2.2 after using eclair 2.1 for so long.

I wanted to go to the new stock kernel so reupdated to OMJ's stock kernel 2.2 ROM. I also added back the Sprint TV Widget.

Ever since, I have noticed a MAJOR drop in battery life. I usually get 30-40 hours on a single charge. Now I'm down to about 10. It is REALLY screwed up.

I have CWM backups of all of the phases, including my 2.1 ROM.

I might experiment rolling back if nobody else has any better ideas on how to debug?

I am using ATK but I make ATK kill itself so it is only there to help me kill procs. I noticed QIK and FRING seem to run all the time now whereas they didn't before I updated them. Not sure if that is related. TOP app shows me nothing special but system_server taking up most of the CPU like maybe 6% peaking while idling. Otherwise I just can't figure it out!! I used to be the one bragging about how awesome my battery has been (running original OTA1 which let me still use unrEVOked 1.0 to get simple root all this time). I am finally on 2.2 and I'm disappointed with battery life now. WiFi is WAY better but that is about it. :\ My Nexus One does not suffer from 2.2 battery blues.. It is doing great!

Advertisement

2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Austin, TX
    If I backup with TB and do a wipe/flash to some other ROM you think I could just restore from TB and be up and running again?

3. m6284505

m6284505 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    ATX
    Hey fellow Austinite! I too had a battery drain issue with some kernels (I think that was one I had). As soon as i updated to the newest OTA rooted rom and put King HAVS #10 I have had awesome battery life. I have never had such a good battery. Not sure if the new OTA fixed it or the kernel fixed it but it's great now.
    Not sure about your question though. I just wiped and started over.

4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    NYC
    Yes.

Tags: