• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huge Elipsis 7 tablet problem.

BlueBoyTech

Lurker
Mar 27, 2016
Ok, so it started about 3 months ago. When I received a random message out of nowhere saying "(Insert app here) has stopped working." I simply clicked OK and went on with whatever game I was playing at the time. Around 2 weeks later one day I was playing again and received a handful of "(Insert app here) has stopped working." messages and I just ended up restarting the tablet. The problem was fixed. At the time at least. The real problem started around last week. A game I play, Clash Of Clans, needed a update. So of course there was a link to the Google Play Store to go and update the app. However, when I tried to go to the store to update...

"Google Play Store has stopped working."

I tried again. And received the same message. Again. Again. Again. I tried restarting. Again. Again. Again. I read online that maybe to fix the problem I should delete some things about the app, like updates, history, cache. When I deleted the updates of the app however that messed up things even more. I now had lost my account on Clash Royale. Or I just couldn't log in... Then when I tried to open up chrome it started to spam
"Google Play Store has stopped working." I restarted the tablet again and the problem persisted. Then it started happening when chrome WASEN'T open, which means I'm now being constantly spammed with
"Google Play Store has stopped working."

And now here I am. I have no idea how to fix this, but I really do not want to lose my data.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones