1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Huge update from Facebook app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BudDroid, Aug 30, 2012.

1. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

I just updated Facebook. The new release is 17MB!

Of course, it won't run from the SD card and the phone immediately gave me an "out of memory" warning. I had to uninstall it.

Is is possible to download an earlier release? Or, is there an app that will let you move apps to the SD card?

Advertisement

2. shaylakay2007

shaylakay2007 Newbie

I have a rooted Lg Vortex and force moved Facebook to my SD card using Link2SD. I am afraid this may be the only option besides using facebook on the web browser on your phone. Otherwise you could use apps like Seesmic (2.12 mb), TweetDeck (812 kb) they have multiple different social networking options in one place but take up less space. I have never used them.
    Let me know if you find anything! Or if either of these work for you!
    -Kayla :)

BudDroid likes this.
  3. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

I haven't really wanted to consider rooting. Too much else going on in my life to turn into an IT guy for my phone, you know. Maybe I'll look into it again.

The browser just hasn't proved as satisfactory as genuine mobile apps. Too much panning and zooming.

I didn't know that Seesmic or Tweetdeck did FB, too. Thought they were just alternate Twitter apps. I'll check them out.

4. shaylakay2007

shaylakay2007 Newbie

Nope I scoped them out when I saw your post. Both run facebook I don't know how good the quality but worth a shot!

Sent from my Vortex

5. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast

I love Friendcaster more than the official Facebook app. The Facebook app is a memory hog. Friendcaster does have some bugs, but I love the UI, especially for tabs.