1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Huh, GS3 Lollipop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The~Skater~187, Oct 26, 2014.

1. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

So with the release date of lollipop coming up soon (as many of you I'm sure have been as well) looking for the supported device list. I was very angry when I had heard that the gs3 was not getting lollipop, due to it being "outdated". But then today I came across a site that says the S3 will getting 5.0.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Here is the site link:
    http://offoindia.com/2014/10/devices-android-lollipop-update/

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

I don't think Samsung has announced whether the Galaxy S3 will get Lollipop or not yet. I wouldn't take that website as a definite confirmation.

funkylogik and The~Skater~187 like this.
  3. The~Skater~187

I'm not. Just wondering what everyone else has read or heard, more or less.

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Most I've heard are assuming the S5 and S4 will get Lollipop and guessing no for the S3.

I'm guessing their will be some custom 5.0 ROMs though.

wyelkins and The~Skater~187 like this.
  5. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

I doubt the Samsung Galaxy S3 will officially get Lollipop, indeed the international variant didn't officially get KitKat, as it only has 1GB of RAM they had trouble implementing TouchWiz over KitKat on it and abandoned the update.

As said though the Exynos version I'm certain will get custom Lollipop firmware, but officially? I doubt it.

6. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

I'd be amazed if any official release came to any of the S3 variants, it's an "old" device now (even though you'll see Rom's that can handle it perfectly)

7. androidlover9

androidlover9 Android Enthusiast

Samsung's touchwiz is full of too much bloat is too much for any phone to handle, I'm scared to see what they are going to do to poor Lollipop D:

8. The~Skater~187

I completely agree. That is the main reason I stick to aosp.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews