1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HULU now supports Chromecast!

Discussion in 'Chromecast' started by Legobricke, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

It's official...

HULU is now updating for phones and tablets to add Chromecast.

I am using it now on my HTC Rezound and Nexus 7.

Works like a charm.

I hope this is a taste of more to come.

EarlyMon likes this.
  2. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

That's great news. The big brown truck is bringing my chromecast today.

3. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast

It is encouraging to see Hulu support the chromecast. Unfortunately, it only works with the Hulu Plus app on the mobile device... and that app requires a subscription.

It doesn't look like there is a way to watch the free Hulu content without tab casting still.

-SF

4. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I wouldn't even be using Hulu+ if I wasn't using my folks' account. I only really use it to watch Parks & Recreation and SNL.

5. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Well...it works if you can get an .apk

Hulu Plus is now gone from the Play Store.

6. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I did, and it was gone, checked across several platforms. It finally just reappeared. Google Play has been having tons of issues today it seems. Wouldn't even let me listen to my music on my phone. I really like Google and hope they stop effing around with us today.

7. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Got the Chromecast today. Everything works great except for Hulu, it has difficulty loading and pauses a ton. I gave up 3 minutes into an SNL episode.

8. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Had one pause this evening,while casting from GN3 to TV earlier this evening.right at the beginning of a TV episode,acted like it was coughing up a hairball. :p

I just hit pause,rewind,started it over & the entire episode played w/o incident,while performing serious multi-tasking/setting up the new phone.

I was quite impressed,worked well & consider myself fortunate,as I have had virtually ZERO problems w/CHROMECAST since opening day. :)

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Was able to watch SNL tonight without any pausing on Hulu.

KOLIO and EarlyMon like this.
  10. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

I have 2 Chromecast units and both have worked flawlessly on all of the official app's (Google Movies / Google Music / Youtube / Netflix / Hulu+).

Can't wait for more....

As I also have a WDTV Streaming unit that gives me more choices, but it is clunky to use...

EarlyMon likes this.
  11. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

The clunkiness is the exact reason I ordered the Chromecast despite already having a smart hub enabled Blu-Ray player. I don't understand why Samsung made such a terrible interface for interacting with the apps. My roommates are still stuck with it though, since I'm the only one with a Netflix account and I'm not giving them the password to sign in on their phones.

EarlyMon likes this.