• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I actually just purchased Hulu Plus. Haven't explored it much too far, but it seems to have plenty of content. Not familiar with the Netflix service, but one reason I didn't want to go that route is that I don't pay for tv service at my house, so I like having the current season's episodes as well as the older seasons. I'm streaming on my PS3 right now, and the quality is definitely good. I hope they release the Hulu Plus app for Android soon!!

Netflix for movies, Hulu Plus if you like tv shows more imo.

Upvote 0
has anyone gone with Hulu Plus ? iam tempted but already have netflix (where is my silver light!) Does it have the same library as the main Hulu?
It overlaps but is not the same. Neither is a subset. Hulu is "web" while Hulu+ is "TV". There are licensing and rights issues. Check the list of what's in Hulu+ on the Hulu site. I don't know of a comprehensive comparison.

Upvote 0
has anyone gone with Hulu Plus ? iam tempted but already have netflix (where is my silver light!) Does it have the same library as the main Hulu?
No, it is missing most of the shows I enjoy to watch. I did the free week trial and was very disappointed in the selection. If it was the same as the Hulu.com library I would sign up in a heart beat. Until then I will impatiently wait on the sidelines =(

I too have Netflix and love it. I was hoping I could complement it with Hulu Plus. One good thing about Hulu Plus is that it has great HD image quality. Very comparable to Netflix's picture quality. And much better than Hulu.com picture quality.

Upvote 0
A few weeks ago I gave Comcast the boot. I knew Netflix was a definite must and decided to give Hulu plus a go as well. Netflix is getting the majority of my business, but I'm going to keep Hulu+ as well; I figured if more people sign up for it, content providers will see the benefits of it and add more content faster and faster.

I justify paying for a service that I don't use that much because even with Netflix and Hulu+ I'm still in the black $50/month with my television service now that Comcast is gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones