1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hung mulitple Dialer draining battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ctludlow, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ctludlow

ctludlow Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Corona, CA
    Every once in a while a call will come in and ring, but the screen remains frozen on the home screen (or whatever screen I'm on) and doesn't show the incoming call. Eventually, it will kick over and let me answer the call. After I hang up, I notice that I have 2 dialers running when I go to manage applications. One dialer is 10kb in size, the other one is either 6kb. Even though I have no active calls, the dialer that is 6kb in size chews on my battery big time and makes the phone hot if I don't kill it. The 10kb dialer is not killable as this seems to be the normal Dialer that is always running and I have no problems with.

In my installed apps (under setting->applications->manage applications->all) it shows the two dialers as being installed. It won't let me uninstall either one, but it does let me do a "Force Stop" on the 6kb "evil" one.

Anyone else experience this? Where did this 2nd 6kb Dialer come from and why does it kill my battery after one of these "frozen call" incidents? The only app I have installed that has anything to do the cell portion of the phone is Google Voice. The icon for both Dialer apps is the same Green "motorola-looking" dialer icon.

Advertisement