1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hung on White Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wesley32, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Wesley32

Wesley32 Lurker

Hi there, This is my first post on this forum and I don't actually own an Android phone but my roommate does and he really needs his phone fixed. I am a Computer Scientist so I understand all of this but I cannot figure this Evo 4g out at all. Okay, So it hangs on the white screen for an infinite amount of time. I have connected it to my computer using windows 7 via USB and start the phone in the H-boot Screen and then I go to the Fastboot option and try to use the RUU from sprint. But about halfway through I get the 132 error that the 'Signature error' I have tried taking the SD card out and I have tried resetting the phone from the H-boot screen but nothing helps. It is still stuck on the White screen and won't boot completely. Any information will be greatly Appreciated. I might even paypal you a few bucks if you give me specific enough information. NO JOKE. I am very technical and I can give you as much information as you want to know.

BTW: The phone has never been rooted. it is COMPLETELY STOCK. my roommate was trying to update it and this suddenly happened.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what is the hboot of the phone and what ruu are you trying to use?

3. Wesley32

Wesley32 Lurker

The H-Boot version is 2.16.0001 and the RUU version is 3.70.651.1

4. ocnbrze

5. Wesley32

Wesley32 Lurker

okay, I downloaded that RUU, Then what do i do with the files from the Fastboot screen and through the computer. I have the drivers for the phone installed, But it doesn't fully work when I have the phone connected to a Data drive. It shows up as Drive g: but says insert disk when It is clicked on.

6. ocnbrze

ok sorry forgot to mention that you need to change the name. change the name to PC36IMG and do not add an extra zip. just delete everything in the name but PC36IMG. put the file on the root of the card that means not in any folder. and when you say fastboot i think you mean the bootloader. so go into the bootloader and it should find the file. select yes to update and hopefully that will work for you.

7. Wesley32

Wesley32 Lurker

I can't access the root of the card. It says insert a disk into Drive d: when I try to access it from 'my computer'.

8. ocnbrze

well that could be a problem then. can u access the card from the phone? if so you can use the phone's browser and download the file that way. and then use a file manger like astro or es file manager to navigate to the card.

try rebooting the computer and see if that helps

it might be a bad card as well. you might want to try a different card.

other then that not sure what else you can do except maybe take it in.

9. Wesley32

Wesley32 Lurker

Okay, I can know get to the root of my SD card. Can someone please give me the correct PC36IMG to restore the phone back to original, According to my H-boot version.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews