• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HW documentation

There may still be hope. PAL or ntsc (never the same color twice ;) accelerators generally have register control sets. I don't know if we would have access to them though. I'm downloading the android sdk because there might be a few clues in the source code but what I'd love to get is the android BSP for the moment. Is that open sourced?

I'm fairly new to android in general, and only just got a moment last week, so I'm definitely still learning. Is there a system level color adjust app available?

I'll keep looking for the programmers guide and post what I can find.

*EDIT*
I found the full technical manual at this link:
http://just4you.springnote.com/pages/2683448

On page 599:
Section 17.6 TV ENCODER REGISTER SUMMARY:
Register Address R/W Description Reset Value
GammaCTRL 0x76200064 R/W Gamma control 0x00000104

So the chip supports it, now I have to figure out how to add/modify modules in the kernel.

Upvote 0
NTSC is an analog format used for connecting with a television. The LCD controller has its own direct digital link.

What I was looking for were 3 lookup tables, 256 entries each. (one table for each color component: red, green, and blue) These tables would map the RGB values that software renders to actual RGB values that are sent out through the LCD controller. By using a different table for blue than what is used for green/red you can scale back that particular color component.

Upvote 0
NTSC is an analog format used for connecting with a television. The LCD controller has its own direct digital link.

What I was looking for were 3 lookup tables, 256 entries each. (one table for each color component: red, green, and blue) These tables would map the RGB values that software renders to actual RGB values that are sent out through the LCD controller. By using a different table for blue than what is used for green/red you can scale back that particular color component.
I was wondering this myself, but came upon the problem of the fact that it runs an LCD controller on the chip, but the moment as an AMOLED screen.. the gamma correction factors between led and LCD can't be the same along with the controller functioning in the same way.. or can it?
Also some of those documents are for the 6410X Risc chip.. i have no idea what that chip is (nor can i find any more reference to it)... Not sure if that is a designation for the S3C6410 ARM11 chip or if it is a different setup all together..

Upvote 0
I was wondering this myself, but came upon the problem of the fact that it runs an LCD controller on the chip, but the moment as an AMOLED screen.. the gamma correction factors between led and LCD can't be the same along with the controller functioning in the same way.. or can it?
Also some of those documents are for the 6410X Risc chip.. i have no idea what that chip is (nor can i find any more reference to it)... Not sure if that is a designation for the S3C6410 ARM11 chip or if it is a different setup all together..

The ARM11 core is a RISC processor.

Upvote 0
I found this from the product info sheet:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd - S3C6410 ARM11 Mobile Processor - Connected Community - ARM

"The new processor is both pin and software compatible with the S3C6400 and S3C6430"
We probably should take this discussion to PM soon.. but it is the X portion at the end that throws me off.. to my knowledge the S3C6410 uses jsut the 6410 ARM11 (risc) processor.. What is this 6410X processor? Is it the same thing with a different extension representing a specific configuration model, or is it a different chip all together..

Upvote 0
Ah now I understand the question. The X is just a shorthand way they use to describe the family of processors.This one comes in a number of physical packages that board designers are concerned with:

S3C6410A01-Y240
is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.
S3C6410A80-9A40 is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.
S3C6410X01-Y270 is Lead-free and RoHS-compliant.
S3C6410X01-YB70 is Lead-free and RoHS-compliant.
S3C6410X66-Y24A is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.
S3C6410X66-Y24D is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.

But, they are all the same from an operational point of view.

Upvote 0
Ah now I understand the question. The X is just a shorthand way they use to describe the family of processors.This one comes in a number of physical packages that board designers are concerned with:

S3C6410A01-Y240 is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.
S3C6410A80-9A40 is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.
S3C6410X01-Y270 is Lead-free and RoHS-compliant.
S3C6410X01-YB70 is Lead-free and RoHS-compliant.
S3C6410X66-Y24A is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.
S3C6410X66-Y24D is Lead-free, RoHS compliant & Halogen-free.

But, they are all the same from an operational point of view.
NOW ARE ARE COOKING WITH LP GAS!!!!
So the 6410x specs are the exact same across the board... That helps out a lot since i am trying to track down the serial port

Upvote 0
We probably should take this discussion to PM soon..

I'd like to respectfully disagree. By having conversations like this in a public forum, you're giving a chance for others who may be able to help to chime in, and also documenting things you find in a public location where others may learn. This is what a good community should be all about!

Now get back to it, and ignore my non-technical interruption haha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones