• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HW VSP Issues

xmotox

Lurker
May 18, 2011
i was trying to create a virtual port with HW Virtual Serial Port but i wanted to know my moto doid's ip address, so i went to the command prompt and typed ipconfig/all while my moto droid is in diagnostic mode buti dont see Motorola USB networking and i can't open up a port, i tried 192.168.16.2, 192.168.10.109, and still nothing works.

i was trying to create a virtual port with HW Virtual Serial Port but i wanted to know my moto doid's ip address, so i went to the command prompt and typed ipconfig/all while my moto droid is in diagnostic mode buti dont see Motorola USB networking and i can't open up a port, i tried 192.168.16.2, 192.168.10.109, and still nothing works.

First, are you rooted? Second, I believe (but am not 100%) that you can get your IP address from menu>settings>about phone>status. I don't have my Droid with me at this current time, so I cannot check this to be sure, but I seem to remember seeing IP, MAC, etc info in that area.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I'm rooted with a custom rom. What's not I guess is the fact that when you have it in bootlogger mode the usb driver is supposed to generate an ip address usually 192.168.16.1 or .2 but it's not being recognized by IPCONFIG/ALL. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for it and I have the android sdk installed as well but still no luck. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Upvote 0
I'm rooted with a custom rom. What's not I guess is the fact that when you have it in bootlogger mode the usb driver is supposed to generate an ip address usually 192.168.16.1 or .2 but it's not being recognized by IPCONFIG/ALL. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for it and I have the android sdk installed as well but still no luck. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am at a loss, but will move this to the root section to get you more specialized help. I will also play around with my phone and see if I can figure anything out.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I am at a loss, but will move this to the root section to get you more specialized help. I will also play around with my phone and see if I can figure anything out.

Kratos

Thanks. I hope someone can help me figure this out. I'd hate to think that I wasted money buying this phone to flash it and not be able to.

Edit: Got it all figured out. Now the only issue I have is getting my ESN in metro's inventory....

Upvote 0
Hey guys, new to this whole forum thing and asking for help online, but I could really use someones help with flashing my droid over to cricket. I got the droid rooted, and have my roms on it and everything. I have HW VSP downloaded as well as CDMA Workshop. I am so close, but yet so far from getting it fully flashed.

So here's the problem that I need help with:

I cannot create a virtual serial port using HW VSP to my droid. Everything I try to creat a com, it doesnt get passed connecting to LAN. It says error every time. But no explanation. Before that, I was getting an error that was saying "cannot create com5 etc.." I CANNOT CREATE A VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT and have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do right.

PLEASE HELP! I've spent the past 3 days trying to figure this out. And could some one please explain it in normal terms. The computer lingo is throwing me off. I'm ready to break something, thats how frustrated all of this is making me. So please, some one...help!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately for what you are trying to do there are no real normal terms, it is quite an advanced task. However there is the huge thread over at HowardsForums. I think kbman has found a pretty slick solution near the end of it, on like the second to last page or so. Also, you can go to white rabbi9t's page and I think there's some good shortcuts there as well. Links:

service programming on the moto droid

android - whiterabbit.org

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones