• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hypothetical question

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
i know theres a good number of people have problems with the phone such as it rebooting its self and what not and they went to verizion store and exchanged it and all was well

i havnt gotten my phone yet but hypothetically if this were to happen to me could i go in my self and do a simple exchange i ask this because i ordered the phone online under my dads upgrade and will be activating it under his number then switching it over and activating it under mine

so god forbid i have a problem 1. would i be able to go to a verizon store since i ordered online and 2.would i have any problems doing this because of how i activated the phone can i go by my self and if so when i get the exchange can that just be activated on my line or does that also have ot be activated on his number first

Me too. Online order means online support. Also, cell phone companies are pretty careful about making changes to your account. You would need to pretend you are your dad, including knowing his birthday and SS# and maybe having an ID that says you are him and also looking 20 years older. :D . It is HIS phone until you make the change.

Upvote 0
Are you 18? If so, when you activate the account (you need the last 4 of the ssn on the account) you have the option of adding a person to administer the account. My Droid is in my wifes name (for the discount) and I set the account up on line so I can call for tech support and other non plan related calls. I can't change the plan (without her being next to me). So now I am able to call Verizon for assistance without her being next to me. I can also take it to my local Verizon store for Technical support. The store in my area is not a "licensed store front" (Like BB or Walmart). It is a Verizon owned store.

By the way-I misspoke I mean after you activate the phone you can set up an account on-line with Verizon and there you can add an administrator to the account.

Upvote 0
im 23..can you set up this administer online..when he gets home tonight im going to be doing the activation online so for the first activation the droid will be under his number..then once thats done im going to activate him back on his phone..then do the droid activation on my number

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones