• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello everyone! I just recently joined the forums to discuss this new love of mine for Android.

I have been using my Droid for two months now (I work for Motorola) and I am well experienced with the phone. Feel free to shoot me any questions, how-to, etc :)

Nice to have a Moto employee here! :) , can you confirm an on-going feud...

Does the US Droid have Multi-touch on it's keyboard? :)

Upvote 0
My biggest question is, are there any glaring issues that pop up after 1-2 months of use that people who have only had a chance to use the phone for a week or so (as is the case with many of the reviewers) wouldn't have picked up on?

For example, how bad / frustrating does the lag between switching between home screens get? Are there any quirky things about the interface that make you go Uhhh....WTF? Anything like that?

Hopefully not lol. Getting mine in a few hours :)

Upvote 0
My biggest question is, are there any glaring issues that pop up after 1-2 months of use that people who have only had a chance to use the phone for a week or so (as is the case with many of the reviewers) wouldn't have picked up on?

For example, how bad / frustrating does the lag between switching between home screens get? Are there any quirky things about the interface that make you go Uhhh....WTF? Anything like that?

Hopefully not lol. Getting mine in a few hours :)

1. Do you know why no pinch zoom.
2. When andhow the camera will be fixed.
3. will home screen lag be fixed.
4. any other insider info

Upvote 0

1. I read its a google apple thing. The euro version has it.

2. So far I thing the camera is pretty good, I've had nothing but good luck so far.

3. No lag at all right now

4. Tethering is not available at launch, but will be available soon. Apparently VZmanager needs to be recoded to work with android.

Upvote 0
Just got back from verizon store to check out the Moto on my lunch...youtube video playback on 3G was not what I thought it would be, but then again, it IS a cell phone! Still going to pick one up tonight, can't wait.

Anyone notice that when using the camera taking close up pics that the autofocus will focus it perfectly for a second and then end up blury at the end of the autofocus process?

Upvote 0

1. This question came up numerous times. I do know that the Droid DOES have multi-touch capabilities but I believe the pinch/zoom browser experience is not available due to Apple infringements. I doubt that's the "entire" reason but that's what I've been told.

No, nothing really frustrating. Just the obvious... Don't drop it, haha. And don't use it after you've had a few drinks. *blush* I have downloaded TONS of games/apps and sometimes it "lags" a bit when opening up the app menu but that's the only thing I can tell.

i have a question for women with long nails is using a stylus an option with the droid?

I watched a woman with extremely long nails use it with no problem.

Upvote 0
i have a question for women with long nails is using a stylus an option with the droid?

Ha ha. This is the first time I've ever seen someone ask this, though I always think about it when purchasing new technology.

I was wondering about the lack of a stylus myself. I have hands that are on the larger side and I have nails (albeit short ones).

I'll be watching for responses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones