1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I am a Newbie Android User

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wordyonetwo, Dec 27, 2011.

1. wordyonetwo

wordyonetwo Lurker

I recently rec'd a Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G. My main purpose for this phone is to be able to use it at University. I have a learning disability and use Kurweil for reading my text books. I need the visually and auditorily read books.

Can anyone help? There does not seem to be Kurzweil for Android, so is there anyother ebook readers that I can read visually and hear auditorily at the same time.

Thank you,
    :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

I don't really have any experience with those kind of apps, so maybe someone else will jump in here. I did find a listing of eReader apps for Android here. Some of them do support a text to speech function, but i cannot say how well they work. You also may want to ask in Samsung Infuse 4G - Android Forums to see if there are any that work best with your phone model. Good Luck!

wordyonetwo likes this.
  3. wordyonetwo

wordyonetwo Lurker

that was fast and thank you for being so kind. I think I have found text to speech apps too, but what I need is to be able to see the written word, while I am listening. It needs to be simultaneous. So I can go back, over and over again and visually see what the reader was saying. Kurzweil can do this on my PC, but I need to find something like that for my phone. In any case, thank you for the quick and kind reply.