• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i am going crazy vs. screenshot

lakai113

Jul 28, 2010
Delaware
why couldnt android just make it simple to take a damn screen shot?? i have the SDK bullshit and it worked awhile back and now it wont work at all..
its the little things like this that piss me off soo bad.. there is no reason why my phone shouldn't be able to take a screenshot without having to root or hook it up to my computer and now that wont even work... WHY WHY WHY..

thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/154745-stealing-iphone-apps.html

dbrookes said it best
"Security in Android is very strong. To do a screen capture the app has to have access to the display belonging to other apps. That isn't allowed. Security-wise a malicious app could take screen caps of your contacts, see secure web browsing sessions or other things without needing permissions to see those things. So without the ability to give apps super-user permissions via rooting, there is no screen capture."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones