1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I am locked out of my Android Galaxy S phone due to too many wrong pattern attempts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tliving07, Jul 27, 2011.

1. tliving07

tliving07 Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    I am locked out of my Android Galaxy S phone due to too many wrong pattern attempts if you could possable help me would very much appreceate it thank you.

Advertisement

2. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    You will need to go into recovery mode and perform a factory reset. This will put the phone to an out of the box condition so hopefully you will already have made a backup of your important stuff because that will be gone after the reset.

I have a lot of friends with Android phones and all of them are using this pattern lock nonsense. For the life of me I don't know why. A simple pin code to unlock the phone is far better and easier to remember than a pattern lock.
    I suppose they use it because it looks pretty and they think it's " cool ":D

Ray

3. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    I hope its not as easy as that.

4. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Yep, I'm afraid it is as easy as that. Performing a factory reset via recovery mode resets everything back to defaults including Mobile Tracker, which sort of defeats the object of it. So the idiot who steals your phone just resets it to defaults and it's lost for ever. It also doesn't matter about reporting it lost or stolen to the network because the phone will probably get sent abroad anyway, so blacklisting the IMEI is a waste of time as well. The phone will still be usable abroad.
    On another note, if the phone is stolen the thief can flash it with a custom ROM as well thus removing any security measures you may have put in place.

Best regards.

Ray

seepage likes this.
  5. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Bummer.
    Thanks ray.