• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps I AM NEWB AT APP DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE SEND HELP

aandro

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Hello kind people of androidforums!
I am tottaly new at coding. I know some java and html, but nothing serious. I am trying my best to learn how do develop an android app. I was told that the best way to do it is to pick an project and set my mind on it. I FINNALY FOUND IT GUYS. If any of you have some time and energy, I bag you to help me. I don't even know how to start. I am probably going to use MIT app inventor, as it is the easiest to use and seems really good and practical.

PROJECT I NEED HELP WITH: If you haven't heard yet, there is a new app that Supercell published preavious month. It is called Clash Royale. If you don't know it, it is basically a game in which you collect card and use them to battle other players to win throhies and chests, in which you actually get the cards. There are quite a few chests: silver, gold, magical and giant. Recently it has been dicovered that the order in which you get chests isn't actually randomised, but there is an exact list of it. The thing I want to try to do is an app, in which you would put in the last 10 chests that you recieved, and based on that, the app would return order of next chests that you will get, when will you get next giant or magical chest.

link of chest cycle:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/152H0sXCMZRwAsnZ1wbFgIwH3jWwtNrXjbe1ToKaycuQ/pubhtml (list is reset after you fully complete the cycle)

In terms of storing the big list, I'd use a string array resource.
But matching a sequence of 10 at an arbitrary point within the list, assumes that the sequence of 10 is unique, which it isn't. So that won't work.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
     <string-arrayname="chestlist">
        <item>Silver</item>
        <item>Silver</item>
        <item>Silver</item>
        <item>Gold</item>
        <item>Silver</item>
        <item>Silver</item>
    </string-array>
</resources>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones