1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

i am not able to close my map apllication

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by freakyguy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. freakyguy

freakyguy Lurker

i m nt able to close my map application from my battery use.... and it is not showing in task manager ..

pls advice me wat i do ? and it is consuming 15% of my battery....

how to reduce my display it is using 11% of my battery.......

2. Google maps the application might not be running, but it constantly runs a service in the background. Have a look at settings > applications > running services. You'll be able to stop google maps from there. It might keep the service running if you have options enabled like 'remind me to check in here' for latitude, which is still part of Google maps.

As for the screen, the only advice I can give is, turn the brightness down and make it time out quicker.

freakyguy likes this.
  3. freakyguy

freakyguy Lurker

how to close enabled like 'remind me to check in here' for latitude, which is still part of Google maps.

4. Open the latitude application. Press your menu button and click location reporting (it has a little pad lock above it)
    Then scroll down to the bottom, and under checkin you can turn off automatic checkin and the check in reminder.

5. freakyguy

freakyguy Lurker

how to set my location in maps?????/

6. Google automatically finds your location. Through nearby wifi networks or phone masts. It uses the network location service to find where you are.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews