• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i am not able to close my map apllication

Google maps the application might not be running, but it constantly runs a service in the background. Have a look at settings > applications > running services. You'll be able to stop google maps from there. It might keep the service running if you have options enabled like 'remind me to check in here' for latitude, which is still part of Google maps.

As for the screen, the only advice I can give is, turn the brightness down and make it time out quicker.

Reactions: freakyguy
Upvote 0
Google maps the application might not be running, but it constantly runs a service in the background. Have a look at settings > applications > running services. You'll be able to stop google maps from there. It might keep the service running if you have options enabled like 'remind me to check in here' for latitude, which is still part of Google maps.

As for the screen, the only advice I can give is, turn the brightness down and make it time out quicker.

how to close enabled like 'remind me to check in here' for latitude, which is still part of Google maps.

Upvote 0
how to close enabled like 'remind me to check in here' for latitude, which is still part of Google maps.

Open the latitude application. Press your menu button and click location reporting (it has a little pad lock above it)
Then scroll down to the bottom, and under checkin you can turn off automatic checkin and the check in reminder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones