1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root I am now a happy icarus user!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Papamalo, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Papamalo

Papamalo Android Enthusiast

Icarus runs my phone faster, cleaner, with a better looking screen, and now that I know root explorer like the back of my hand, re-installing my custom ringtones, (balinese bells. very soothing) custm email notification (a swooshing arrow sound) and my spoofed bootup sound (a voice that askes me for voiceprint authentication, and then makes a cool computer processing sound before saying "voiceprint authenticated") before going on to boot up.

I want to thanks Jazziette for getting me started, and joser116 for seeing it through. I really appreciate it!

final questions:

1: which overclocker or cpu booster should I use with icarus?

2: which apps will help me with battery life. and is there a stronger battery for the ascend?

3: any other speed or performance enhancing apps I can add?

thanks a lot you guys! cheers.

P

Advertisement

2. rlugo29

rlugo29 Android Enthusiast

Glad to here that you're happy with it. I was thinking doing this. Are you Metro or Cricket??

3. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the battery question answered for sure. By those illustrious people who know more than me.

4. Papamalo

Papamalo Android Enthusiast

I am on metro. if you follow the instructions that joser116 lays down EXACTLY, and keep track of each step,you can do the whole thing in under 40 minutes.

5. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

40 Minutes??? I'm out.

=P

6. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Someone must not have heard the saying "Good things come to those who wait."

I can guarantee you that Icarus is worth the time it takes to install.

7. joser116

joser116 Guest

Battery saver - Icarus saves battery automatically. For further savings, try Green Power from Market. I find it better and far less buggy than Juice Defender.

Overclock- CPU Booster or any other one that worked with stock.

8. rlugo29

rlugo29 Android Enthusiast

Thanks, I think I'll try it over the weekend.