• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am Pastor Helion, as my login says, I am new and ignorant with Android.

So far, I like almost everything I see. However, my wife gave me a Panimage 7" Tablet which I enjoy a lot, but it is a an OS 1.6. I have been trying to find if it can be upgraded to something more to date, as the droid 2.3 is already out, but no one can tell me. As most of you are experts in this field (I took off my hat and have had it off from the moment I came into this forum), is there anyone here who could tell me if it can be done? If so, how? Cause, you see, I want to get some apps but my tablet will not accept them, I want to get Flash 10.1, and my system will not get it, so it feels right now as a small iPad. Can you help? If nothing can be done, I will return this one and would have to get me a larger (10.2), more expensive ($300+) one but I think I have become an Android.:)

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The Panimage tablet is a low end tablet from Pandigital From what little I know of it, it's possible that a Android 2.x image might be available for it. My initial suspicion, however, is that this would be a custom ROM and not a factory provided image.

Try posting this question in the Tablets & Mids forum and someone there might be more familiar with it than I...

Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones