• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I am rooting right now

Those reboots had to be an app/data problem. I along with countless others am running a DroidMod rom with little or no issues at all.

To the OP, there is a wealth of information in this subforum. My first advice would be to get Tempmonitor and SetCPU from the market and start enjoying not only the extra capabilities/apps in DM, but also speed it up so you can better enjoy them.

You will also now be able to use WiFi tethering, again there is plenty of info in here about that.

After that, do some serious reading on how to recover problems using root access, and possibly try some metamorph themes.

Upvote 0
You have taken the first step. As the previous poster stated, read and learn. practice doing things without DroidMod. Get comfortable using the Android Debug Bridge (adb commands to manage your phone from your PC), using recovery to backup and restore, and don't just go through the motions, question the purpose each move. I started just where you are and really enjoy taking modding to each new level. There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum that is yours for the taking.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I wound up going back and not doing it via droidmod. I went through the sticky and did everything step by step and now am running UltimateDroid 7.5, which is pretty sweet and very stable. The only thing I haven't done to this point is overclocked. Still on the fence whether to take that step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones