1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I am running 3 launchers !! Does that slow my phone down?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xintensex, Jan 25, 2012.

1. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

I have noticed that Launcher 7 might have slowed it down a bit?? And i just installed Nova Launcher because i have heard so many good things about it !!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert

Why not delete the ones you dont use though?

3. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

well I will I am just experimenting right now !!

4. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

Nova launcher is really nice. I don't believe that having a launcher sit there will do anything to ur phone. It is like an app that hour not using. If your not using it it isn't using resources accept storage space

5. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

Well, I'd be concerned about widgets though. I don't know how the OS would handle widgets on an inactive launcher and whether it would keep updating them. It wouldn't be hard to tell. Just put an updating widget on one launcher and not another. Let that launcher sit idle and see if the widget is a running service or not.

6. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Android Expert

Running multiple launchers WILL slow down your device IF you're running widgets on each launcher. Essentially, there's a lot of redundancy. Remember that launchers are just skins sitting on top of something. The only reason that you can switch between launchers and not get that "loading widget" is because they're still running. If you want to keep them all, you're going to have to get used to your device running slow. At the very least, remove the widgets from the one that you're not using day to day.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews