• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i beg my friends help me !!! help

tarrkkan

Lurker
Dec 16, 2009
hey guys!!

i had my hero for the first time this week and i heard about a new firmware so im going to to tell what i did exactly!!

1- i erased every thing on my sdcard
2- i turned off my htc hero and went in recovery by pressing home+power
3- i downloaded this rom from this site

http://htcpedia.com/hero_community_release_no_wipe_98057c7bc94393469/soft/htc-hero-rom.html

4- i pressed wipe data/factory setting reset
5- i pressed apply sdcard:update.zip and this came out:

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:No signature (832)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted

That's it nothing else ive done !! so please friends help i had the phone for three days only and cant do anything!!

i dont know whats root and whats flashing whats everything what i did is what i told u!!

help me!!

if the device is not rooted or when you download a file it can get corrupt which usally results in what you have experianced.

to install carrier roms and the stock htc roms you need to do it through htc sync

to install custom roms u need to root your device

if your hero is still on the standard 1.73 rom rooting will be easier but if its on a 2.73 rom you will need to create a gold card to downgrade the rom to enable you to root

for rooting put the unlockr.com in google and go from there they have step by step guides on how to root the hero. i found the one click method the easiest.

Upvote 0
You are trying to apply a custom ROM to a non-rooted phone. You need to do ALOT more research before attempting anything like this, you could well end up breaking your phone permanantly if you are not careful. To be honest, I would just stick to offical updates if I were you, it's a risk free route, it's very easy and the benifits of rooting are negligable for the standard user.

Upvote 0
I hope you get it sorted, but...

Why do people feel the need to take a perfectly good, working phone, **** around with firmware (usually with zero knowledge of what they're doing or even why they're doing it) and then wonder why they've turned it into a brick?

Most of the 'problems' you read about on here are because users have pratted around with the firmware or apps which modify OS behaviour and then wonder why something is broken!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones