• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I believe i have the new OTA!!!!

I'm currently on UD7 (I had to review it, and nothing new has caught my eye enough to test yet, sue me..lol), and on two separate days I've gotten the system update message. I read to just install it and it'll automatically abort, so that's what I did. I don't know if the second message was b/c the first one didn't go through, but they were like 2 days apart. One was Friday or Saturday, the other was yesterday.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Are we sure? I know you Tridant and Johngalt have looked FRG01b up one side and down the other to the point that you guys are haveing nitemares of bad code and all, but (I hate to be the roumor monger) with the supposed FRG22B going out today could we look at it and see?:eek:

I was on 2.0 this morning and the same OTA message that is referred to in this thread. I checked it out to be sure and its FRG01B. All the rumors I have seen state that FRG22D will be a small 1.6mb update and only from FRG01B

Upvote 0
I was on 2.0 this morning and the same OTA message that is referred to in this thread. I checked it out to be sure and its FRG01B. All the rumors I have seen state that FRG22D will be a small 1.6mb update and only from FRG01B

The update instructions are already posted at Verizon - screenshots show the update is 1.6 MB:

frg22d.png

Here are the "benefits of system update"

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones