• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I booted my Tablet after a long time .... It fails to boot

Hi,

This is my device >> https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_fonepad_7_(2014)-6394.php

I had purchased this tablet like 6 years back. After just 6 months while downloading "updates" it started complaining about lack of space. I rooted the device and installed a custom rom with the help of an Youtube video. No matter what I did it still kept complaining about lack of space. I got fed up & stopped using the device.
Now when I try to boot I see the Intel logo and a straight line from top to bottom (please see attachment)
Is it possible to fix this device ?

OS on desktop : Ubuntu 20.04
Please note that I don't use MS Windows or Mac on my PC. I use Linux only.

20210114-0001.jpeg
Click to enlarge

Last edited:
So it doesn't get beyond the splash screen. But what happens then? Does it get stuck there, or does it shut off?

If it gets stuck this may be a software problem, in which case booting into recovery and trying a factory reset might fix it. Or maybe it will need reflashing - it's really hard to know.

If it powers down it probably means that the battery has degraded enough over 5.5 years or so in a drawer that it's not capable of powering the device. In which case this certainly isn't going to be worth repairing (if you can find anyone who is able to obtain the parts still).

TBH it probably isn't worth putting a lot of effort into.

Upvote 0
Hi,

This is my device >> https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_fonepad_7_(2014)-6394.php

I had purchased this tablet like 6 years back. After just 6 months while downloading "updates" it started complaining about lack of space. I rooted the device and installed a custom rom with the help of an Youtube video. No matter what I did it still kept complaining about lack of space. I got fed up & stopped using the device.
Now when I try to boot I see the Intel logo and a straight line from top to bottom (please see attachment)
Is it possible to fix this device ?

OS on desktop : Ubuntu 20.04
Please note that I don't use MS Windows or Mac on my PC. I use Linux only.

View attachment 155987
Click to enlarge

Maybe it became corrupted and unbootable. Try installing the custom ROM again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones