• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I bought a mattress in a box...

...and I'm afraid to open it.
I blame YouTube.
I've never watched any, but if you're expecting a snake-pops-out-of-a-can effect, don't! As I understand it, the mattress unrolls flat, then you leave it for X hours/days and it slowly puffs up to its actual size.

So what kind did you end up buying, DPB?

Upvote 0
I've never watched any, but if you're expecting a snake-pops-out-of-a-can effect, don't! As I understand it, the mattress unrolls flat, then you leave it for X hours/days and it slowly puffs up to its actual size.

My ol'lady got one like that from BigLots for about half to two-thirds of what it would normally be.

It took about 10-12 hours to take shape, and was fully formed in about 24.

We have been using it for 4-5 years now, and it still seems fine.
Her box spring and frame sucks, but that is another story.

Upvote 0

I went with Allswell after reading a Good Housekeeping magazine review. I guess this is one time I should read the instructions before using it. I had no idea there is a puffup period.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
I went with Allswell after reading a Good Housekeeping magazine review. I guess this is one time I should read the instructions before using it. I had no idea there is a puffup period.

Yeah, they compress the bejesus out of those things- so much so that it takes multiple hours or even days for them to regain their proper proportions,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones