• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I bought my wife an iPhone...

db122

Oct 28, 2009
...but I will almost certainly be buying a Droid for myself. With my company discount on AT&T and Verizon, it's almost the same price as the "family" plans from either carrier.

I think my wife will really enjoy the iPhone and it will pair very well with her MacBook. Myself, as a Linux user and Java/Eclipse developer I will certainly enjoy having the Android platform at my disposal.

Different strokes for different folks.

...but I will almost certainly be buying a Droid for myself. With my company discount on AT&T and Verizon, it's almost the same price as the "family" plans from either carrier.

I think my wife will really enjoy the iPhone and it will pair very well with her MacBook. Myself, as a Linux user and Java/Eclipse developer I will certainly enjoy having the Android platform at my disposal.

Different strokes for different folks.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
Hey db... I'm looking to do the same thing. At first I was going to double the droid but she kept hinting she really likes the iphone. (all of her coworkers have one) She has no idea what a droid is and I feel she may be overwhelmed by it. Anyhow, looking to get her a macbook also. So apple google are certainly going to compete in this house.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones