1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I broke battleheart

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by android4lyfe, Aug 1, 2011.

1. android4lyfe

android4lyfe Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    So I installed Battleheart 1.13 (whichever was right before 1.2) and have been playing on it for a few hours. Then I went and backed up the app with Titanium Backup. I messed around with one of the config files in xml format with all the game info in there so I could get my gold up to 99999. It worked fantastically so I went deeper and tried to edit more stuff. In the process of trying to restore my newly edited file back into the game, I must've deleted some core battleheart file(s) within titanium backup because I tried to restore my new files using TB and playing, but I get a Force Close error now. Regardless of multiple uninstall/reinstalls, getting the new version and installing that.

Does anyone know what I've done and how to alleviate it? Is it as simple as getting someone to backup their Battleheart app with TB and copying those files to my phone and restoring? If so, would anyone be gracious enough to do that for me?

FYI, I know I'm a jackass and did this to myself. Just wondering if I can get some guidance here.

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    Since you have Titanium, I'm guessing you're rooted. Do you have a nandroid you could restore? Then you could use Titanium to bring your non-battleheart apps up to date. Of course you would lose recent Battleheart changes, but if I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like your major problem right now is getting the game to work at all.

android4lyfe likes this.
  3. android4lyfe

android4lyfe Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Thanks for the insight, but it looks like I figured out a remedy. I went into Titanium Backup's settings and enabled the "Migrate System Data" option. Once I did this, I reinstalled the app and opened successfully! I hope this is a help to anyone in this sort of situation. Although I'm not exactly sure about the specifics regarding the cause/solution for the issue.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I would have also have tried using TB to disconnect the app from the market and then going to the market app and installing it. That would replace the app but not your user data.

But it's good to hear you sorted it already :)