• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I built a premium android phone for my Gf's neice!

D

Deleted User

So this project took me months to finish and i wanted to wait before i said anything.

It took 3 months for all the parts and and equipment to do this.

To save money i used old parts to make it premium but cheap for my wallet at the sametime

So here is parts:

• Bought a Nexus 6P shell and display.

• a H1511 Pre-Configured Motherboard similar to the nexus 6p motherboard.

• 3GB DDR3. 900MHz RAM Chip.

• 64GB EMMC Storage Chip.

• Bluetooth/Wifi cable.

• 3450MAh Li-On Battery.

• 1440x2560 screen resolution LCD Display.

• Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 8 Core CPU Chip 3.0GHz

• GPU: Qualcomm Andreno 430 600MHz (prebuilt in cpu).

• 16MP Back Camera Module and 8MP Front camera module.

• 2x 5.1CH Speakers

• 1x samsung fingerprint scanner sensor chip.

There is more but too much to put on this list.

I had to re-engineer my GRE OS for it but got it working im optimizing the os as much as i can.

So far im not removing the nexus logo bevsuse i dont want people to herrass her and tell her its a fake version of it, witch it is, but its not a nexus hardware anyways so it wouldnt matter.

So far i tested all functions and they work great except.the fingerprint sensor needs to be tweaked.

The bootloader i chose is similar to the nexus 6p withc i had to reengineer the bootloader for it to work, but got it

All the chips were cured and heated properly to the board.

However should i even add a headphone jack module to the phone or should i cap the hole?

Awesome achievement, @Cyberdev! And what a lucky girl to get such a cool phone. :D
Thanks shes very lucky plus im keeping the bootloader unlocked so when she gets older she can root it

The hardest part was adjusting all the components comfortably without breaking anything becasue the nexus 6p shell wasnt made for it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Took 3 pictures of it

Attachments

• 20191030_202603.jpg
    20191030_202603.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191030_202626.jpg
    20191030_202626.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones