• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I called Samsung...

I'm in orthopedic sales so we're stuck in OR's during they day, not always able to charge and this is the worst battery life of any smartphone I've ever owned, and I'm not really doing anything different than on previous phones. And the ribbing I have to take from the iphone crowd when I pull out my charger and let the phone sit and charge.... and one month or one week, the issues are obvious and there should be some chatter from support about working on an update. I'm more worried about getting the obvious bugs fixed than I am about getting 2.0

We actually just hired some new people. No new phones for them yet. We're actually going to be testing out a CRM program on our phones too. Forget the company, but they have apps for some of the other OS's. Should be interesting.

Upvote 0
Well, for what it's worth, I got my phone right when it came out-- have also had a hellish time with the battery and trying every method of draining and charging. I can say that the battery life (or meter at least) has drastically improved. With moderate use since about 6:15 this morn, I'm still at 70% (almost 9 hours).
I'm still gonna keep calling sprint anyway to ask what the status is on the GPS issue. Agreed on the need for fixes.

Upvote 0
I would hope anyone who gets in touch with Samsung or a Sprint high-up would reference the thread that is sticky posted to the top of this forum labeled

"http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/15810-comprehensive-list-known-issues.html"

I mean, that's why it's there.

I'm in orthopedic sales so we're stuck in OR's during they day, not always able to charge and this is the worst battery life of any smartphone I've ever owned, and I'm not really doing anything different than on previous phones. And the ribbing I have to take from the iphone crowd when I pull out my charger and let the phone sit and charge.... and one month or one week, the issues are obvious and there should be some chatter from support about working on an update. I'm more worried about getting the obvious bugs fixed than I am about getting 2.0

We actually just hired some new people. No new phones for them yet. We're actually going to be testing out a CRM program on our phones too. Forget the company, but they have apps for some of the other OS's. Should be interesting.

Please read the battery quirk thread. Using the info contained in it, I can go for two days (30+ hours) without recharging now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones