• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can not receive any phone calls

Hey guys!

I am very desperate as I do not understand what is happening with my phone. From yesterday I can not receive any phone calls. If somebody tries to call me all they can hear is some foreign speaking woman followed by English saying: All our lines are busy thank you for using K .. can not really understand the last word. I have tried to contact my operator, they say everything is fine ... Has anybody had any similar experience? .. I have tried to reset my phone to factory setting.. swap my sim card .. :( thank you

Go into your phone app's settings and make sure call forwarding is not set to always forward (you do want it to forward to voicemail when unavailable, unanswered, etc).

Otherwise I would speak to your operator again: this sounds like a problem with the phone network's routing rather than your handset - indeed apart from a permanent call forwarding (above) I can't see any way anything on your handset could be responsible. Maybe ask them to call you, so they can experience it themselves.

Upvote 0
Go into your phone app's settings and make sure call forwarding is not set to always forward (you do want it to forward to voicemail when unavailable, unanswered, etc).

Otherwise I would speak to your operator again: this sounds like a problem with the phone network's routing rather than your handset - indeed apart from a permanent call forwarding (above) I can't see any way anything on your handset could be responsible. Maybe ask them to call you, so they can experience it themselves.

Thank you so much. I would not expect it to be forwarded as I have never forwarded my number but when I checked the settings my phone was forwarded to completely unknown number??? Very strange but thank you so much for being so helpful :)

Upvote 0
"Virus" is unlikely. Actually strictly speaking "virus" is impossible: "virus" refers to a particular class of malware which can propagate between devices, and there aren't any of those for Android. The malware risk with Android is mainly "trojans", i.e. malware hidden inside an innocent-looking app to trick the user into installing it. You are most likely to suffer that if you download and install apps from random websites rather than the Play Store or other curated store (e.g. Amazon).

The overwhelming majority of things that people blame on malware turn out to be something else, though I admit it's not obvious in this case what that might be.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Voicemail can be a little tricky. If you delete the direct number for your carrier (which is where voicemail is stored) it might start sending out generic VM codes. Also, if you change carriers or sim cards for the same card, the VM number might reprovision itself.

Just to be safe, though, you might consider changing your Google account password, in case you did somehow get malware that redirected your VM number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones