• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can open it but now what??

You can try this app. There is a paid version of this that has more options (which may include the ones you want if the free one doesn't)

Documents To Go 2.0 Main App - Android app on AppBrain

I have Quick Office. I wouldn't mind downloading the above app. The problem is, I open the email, it shows there's an attachment, but my only option is "preview." I don't even know how to download it or get it ON the Incredible. I guess that's step 1 because the apps are only going to help if I have a file to work with, which currently I don't until I figure this out.

Any help?

Upvote 0
I personally haven't had an excel file emailed to me through Gmail, so I cannot comment. However, the first thing that comes to mind in terms of an immediately easy-work-around would be just to use your mobile browser and directly go to gmail.com. It should look normal in terms of attachment and give you the option to download I believe.

Upvote 0
I actually just read that this is a problem with these phones. Apparently u can only download a pic??!! This is HORRIBLE! Pretty shocked that this is the case. Thanks for trying!!

I now have it on my device after going through the mobile site and downloading it, problem is, opening it with Quick Office, i can't edit?? This should not be so difficult. :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones