• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I can root and upgrade your phone.

droiduzr2

Android Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2010
If you live in the GTA and you have an LG EVE, I can do the following for you if you are afraid of bricking your phone.

1. upgrade it to Android 2.2 (Froyo)
2. Increase the CPU speed by unlocking it to 710Mhz vs. the 528Mhz you currently have. This will allow you to play Angry Birds at regular speed :) plus run all of your apps.
3. Install and Setup Launcher Pro along with a few other programs and show you how to easily make your phone work for you.
4. Show you how to manage your phone wirelessly so you can upload and download file to it.
5. Create a full backup should you lose your phone you can have the replacement ready in 5 minutes with all of your data.

I have spent a lot of time learning about the LG EVE and how to make it better. It's a great phone once properly setup it's almost like having your laptop with you at all times.

*PLEASE do NOT use the Rogers website to upgrade to 1.6. If you did that's okay it can corrected but if you have not and want to go to Android 2.2 then do NOT upgrade to 1.6.

Here is a video on the benefits/speed of Android 2.2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZYSVr2Bhc

hi, i'm interested as well, and from the GTA too.

;) I'm not interested in having somebody root my device (I do that myself), but was curious as to the OP's reasons for posting services here. It seems like a cool idea.

Some just like rooting and working on phones. Some do it for money whether they like to or not, and some are doing what they like to do and getting paid for it.

Upvote 0
;) I'm not interested in having somebody root my device (I do that myself), but was curious as to the OP's reasons for posting services here. It seems like a cool idea.

Some just like rooting and working on phones. Some do it for money whether they like to or not, and some are doing what they like to do and getting paid for it.

See bold :)

@NorthYorkGuy
No, my phone does not get hotter because it is set to on demand.
It will use the power as it needs it or you can set it to max power at all times if you so choose.

I have my phone setup nicely and I am getting a good solid close to 3 days before it gets to 5%. Mind you I am not talking on it that much nor do I have a data plan. Even if I had a data plan I would still shut off some of the functions to conserve the battery life.
I see no point to having wifi and gps constantly turned on only to drain your battery much faster. At this point I can safely say I can get a solid 2 full days before I would have to recharge the phone (it will get to 10%).

Here is a trick I noticed- when you are charging your phone or having it sit around, place it on something that is a large or solid piece of metal. I think you can do the same with a glass table.
By keeping the heat down the battery will last much longer.
My battery temp gauge tells me the temp is 100F when it's charging BUT if I place on metal or glass it will drop down to 70F.
I placed it by a window to charge and it stayed around 65F.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
my phone is weird with it's battery life as well, sometimes it will be crappy and other times amazing, i actually just charged it a few mins ago. it was unplugged @ around 156 hours with 13 % remaining, and have never seen it last that long before... like i said it always flucuates...

so i'm wondering with all these new up-dates, will my battery life change or stay the same with different life-lines

Upvote 0
I think you are partially correct.
Once I cleaned up my phone and removed the useless apps and installed a really good system control with a task killer I noticed that my phone runs MUCH MUCH better and the battery is lasting much longer. There are a host of things that you need to turn off and apps that you need to keep from running. Most people walk around with their wifi and gps broadcasting. Keeping the battery in the front pocket will also generate heat thus reducing the lifespan.

As I said, I spent a lot of time learning what you do not need and weeding out the crap. My phone does what I want it to do hence why I say this is an amazing little machine.

btw- you could also have a dying battery. Check Ebay for a new one and use the old as a spare.

Also- turn of 3g service when you don't need it and your battery life will increase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones