• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't acces App store(the white shopping bag thingy)

Leeleeblack

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Hi. I just bought my Xperia mini last night. I love it! except I can't access app store! I connected to wi-fi and created a google account and used the "get games" app pre installed on my device to enter google play. I did(I logged onto google first) but when I tried downloading pretty much anything it kept saying "you haven't accessed the Google Play Store app(white shopping bag app icon) on you device with this email."
so I went back and tried going to the white hopping bag app. it kept saying "loading" then my screen would go black(power saving) and when I tapped my screen the loading page would disappear and I would see my phone home screen! I have tired like a million times since morning. I'm going crazy..this phone is awesome but I have no access to anything. please help me please please please!

then I tried download a game like angry birds online as a apk file(I think) but I can't get it onto my phone...it doesn't show up. I can't get app installer because I can't access the app store...yeah I'm screwed. help me please?

Ok Go to the Market Application and perform the function as I stated above, then try accessing the Market app so it can be updated correctly.

Hi. I installed the apk file of the newest android market on my phone. everything went on pretty well up until I tried accessing the market it told me "authentication is needed..." but I already introduced my gmail to my phone!!! what now?

sorry for the delay!

Upvote 0
I can't even find the white shopping bag to access google play store app.(any other apps I want to download from internet)
My 'error' says 'you haven't accessed store - click on the white shopping bag app icon on your device with this e-mail account. Huh? I set up a google e-mail acct; have no icon anywhere for google play store app

Upvote 0
Try going in to the following,

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Play Store > Uninstall Updates > Clear Cache > Clear Data.

Now try accessing the Play Store app.

Let me know how you get on.

THANK YOU! ;)

I searched and searched for an answer. I installed a custom 4.2 ROM on my Galaxy Nexus and restored my data through Titanium Backup. For some reason, the Google Play/Market store online would not "see" my phone, no matter how many times I accessed Google Play Market store through my Android phone.

I had access through my phone, but not the "remote" access that lets you install apps from your computer. Major pain!

I tried all sorts of stuff. I removed my gmail account, signed back in, etc. I installed new apps through my phone just to "access" the market through my phone. So, I kept searching for an answer and most people just kept quoting google's answer, which is idiotic (that I hadn't accessed the Play Market through my phone yet. I had! A hundred times!)

YOUR answer worked! Thank you again.

(This thread isn't even for my particular phone, but the answer has nothing to do with the type of phone.)

Upvote 0
Hi. I just bought my Xperia mini last night. I love it! except I can't access app store! I connected to wi-fi and created a google account and used the "get games" app pre installed on my device to enter google play. I did(I logged onto google first) but when I tried downloading pretty much anything it kept saying "you haven't accessed the Google Play Store app(white shopping bag app icon) on you device with this email."
so I went back and tried going to the white hopping bag app. it kept saying "loading" then my screen would go black(power saving) and when I tapped my screen the loading page would disappear and I would see my phone home screen! I have tired like a million times since morning. I'm going crazy..this phone is awesome but I have no access to anything. please help me please please please!

then I tried download a game like angry birds online as a apk file(I think) but I can't get it onto my phone...it doesn't show up. I can't get app installer because I can't access the app store...yeah I'm screwed. help me please?

i have this same problem with my kids' nextbook premium 8 , 8 inch andriod tablets. we got them so they could play games like angry birds n bad piggies, but every time we try to download them it says we havent acessed the google play store(white shopping bag). the only way we have found to get apps is an icon called getjar that was on the tablets when we got them, but it doesnt have real apps, just cheap knock=offs. please help me find a way to get google play store on our tablets, so my kids can play thier favorite games...i dont want them to get upset with santa.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones