1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't add two numbers to same contact

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by airtonarantes, Aug 30, 2011.

1. airtonarantes

airtonarantes Lurker

Hello folks,

I have a samsung galaxy ace with android 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD and getting problems when I go to add two or more phone numbers to same contact.

When I push the add contact button, the device don't ask me if want to save the contact on the telephone or SIM and it shows two boxes, the name and the number, only this. When I save the contact the number goes to SIM, how can I put the number on the device? and other thing.... I can't add other phone number to the same contact.

Does anyone here can help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rsaurabh2003

rsaurabh2003 Newbie

yes you can..... just press edit... then press the + sign in front of the number.... you will see one more box added just below the current number.... enter & save.....

3. airtonarantes

airtonarantes Lurker

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is this, I haven't no option like plus sign or anything that kind, only show two boxes where one is the contact name and the other is the contact number. I have no option to record the contact on phone or SIM...

4. apmcd42

apmcd42 Lurker

When in Contacts press the menu button, select more and then settings. Now select "Save Contacts to" and select the option you want.

Andrew

5. airtonarantes

airtonarantes Lurker

Andrew, I don't know how to thank you...... VERY GOOD!!!!

6. jagankumar

jagankumar Newbie

Hi,

Tap Contacts > then tap Bottom left MENU > More > Settings > Tap ' save new contacts to' > then select what you want(always ask or phone or SIM etc.,).

If you select 'always ask' means, you are asked to save the new contact to phone or SIM.

In SIM contacts you can't able to add more numbers and datas like email etc., and it only shows name and number.

Only in phone contacts you can able to add more numbers by tapping '+' symbol.

7. steviedj

steviedj Lurker

I have same problem and have looked at the responses listed. I don't get a + option regardless of if the setting is Save to Phone or Save to Sim. Anybody able to help? Thanks

8. warwing

warwing Newbie

Some one of my contacts has landed on the SIM
    How do I transfer it to phone.

9. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

It's really simple: open your Contacts, press the menu-button, then select "Import/export from/to SIM" and select the contact you want to transfer to the phone.

10. Thanks everyone - I've been puzzling over these problems for weeks. Why on earth don't the suppliers make this clear?

11. melaaan

melaaan Lurker

Go to "edit contact"
    try to type something in the same field of existing contact number.
    another field will appear so you can add another phone number

12. olibara

olibara Newbie

Thank You
    This doesn't work for me I have a Galaxy S6 edge with Android 6.0.1 (marshmallow)
    But The only thing I can do is to replace or edit the existing phone associate with a contact
    It seems not possible to have more than 1 phone per contact

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews