• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I can't boot past green htc and white screen

About 2 months ago my t-mobile g2 was rebooting and was loading the cynanogenmod 10.1 os then it rebooted automatically and since then when I try to boot the t-mobile g2 it won't get past the htc green and white background screen and will reboot automatically over and over untill I remove the battery. I can only access fastboot in Hboot. It does the same even when I try to boot into recovery or factory reset. Please help. Thanks.

If the device won't even boot into recovery, it sounds bricked. I am assuming that you have tried the battery pull, rebooting without the SIM card and SD card and then reinserting and all that type of front line stuff? I'm not familiar with HTC specifically, but most manufacturers have some sort of PC based program that will push an entire image to a device. With Motorola phones, it is called RSD. I can't help but believe that HTC has a similar utility. That sort of thing may be your only hope of reviving your device. Go to the specific forum for your phone and get into the Root section of the forum and ask about it there. It'll be your best shot at finding such a utility.

BigRedGonzo

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones