1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

I can't decide

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by l4nce0, May 27, 2010.

1. l4nce0

l4nce0 Member

May 27, 2010
    I get my first paycheck the first. I'm looking at getting rid of my storm and getting a droid phone. Bestbuy has a nice price on the droid, 99 dollars. All I know from my storm is I don't trust touch screen keyboards. I have such a hard time with the storm, it's not funny.

So okay the droid, real keyboard, awesome, etc. However it's old. Really old at this point. I'm seeing all these new 1 ghz phones, with 9 megapixles ( though you can have a 10000 megapixle camera and it wont matter unless you have the right leans..)

Then I see all these " leaks" for that Motorola shadow, and seems to have the snap dragon / real keyboard. With that rumored release in a few weeks. (that can't be really happening.. or do phone companies have no clue about advertising?)

My coworker had an incredible, and he loved it. I tried it, no spelling errors, but maybe I was just lucky?

What's your 2 cents? endure you pos phone longer? Maybe the incredible has good enough software for the keyboard? Shadow something worth looking into? or is the difference so small, I may as well drop a bill on the android?

Advertisement

2. dabbill

dabbill Member

Mar 16, 2010
    I wouldn't rule out touch screen androids if you use a blackberry storm. The storm uses a totally different touch screen then any android phone. I have used a myTouch 3g for the past year and had no problems with it. I got rid of my storm after 3 days cause the screen sucks to type on.

3. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Student, Web Designer, Teacher
    New York
    The Incredible's software keyboard is very accurate. It was one of my concerns when considering the device because I am a heavy texter. Tried it out in the store and I was amazed at how I had virtually no mistakes in a paragraph I typed out. I still rarely make mistakes with the thing.

Although one thing to consider is that I have rather small hands...you might want to try out an Incredible before you consider taking the plunge.

4. dabbill

dabbill Member

Mar 16, 2010
    I am running rooted myTouch with Cyanogen 5.0.7 rom. The keyboard is very accurate. So i am sure all the newer devices are a lot better even.

5. l4nce0

l4nce0 Member

May 27, 2010
    Well being in software I know that I really shouldn't have had any issue with my typing to begin with. A good phone like the I phone has really really intelligent software and gets what key you think you are pressing. It's harder to judge in the store if they are good or not. Though I think I will type a paragraph on both and see which one was easier. I mean I'm a geek, I want the hot sexy new stuff, not the year old matt finished stuff!! =)

but really wtf is the deal with the moto shadow, and its shrouded of mystery-ness..

worse case I can return it eh?

6. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I have heard very good reviews about the HTC incredible. I wouldn't buy a phone based on how it feels in the store though. I have a moto droid and I hated the physical keyboard in the store but after a couple weeks of using it I am much better on it though. Don't know much about the shadow but I love my droid. I came from 3 storms and a storm 2 and this is worlds better. you wouldn't be disappointed with it especially for $99