• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't delete the movie

ickster

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
N. Texas
I wanted a 16 gb bcard in my phone. So I took out the 4gb card out that came with Indie. But IronMan 2 is still showing on the apps page. I guess the card contains an activation code or something. I don't want the movie, but it won't delete. That's kinda dumb. So I'm stuck with the movie taking up memory for the life of this phone or until we get Root?
That makes no sense to me.
Anyone know how I can remove IronMan2 from the phone?

I wanted a 16 gb bcard in my phone. So I took out the 4gb card out that came with Indie. But IronMan 2 is still showing on the apps page. I guess the card contains an activation code or something. I don't want the movie, but it won't delete. That's kinda dumb. So I'm stuck with the movie taking up memory for the life of this phone or until we get Root?
That makes no sense to me.
Anyone know how I can remove IronMan2 from the phone?
No way to delete it without root, the good news is the app doesnt take up the full space of the movie. The app is only 384KB, the movie is on the SD card and the app is used to play it.

Big waist if you ask me. Please tell me this stupid movie didnt add to the cost of the phone. The movie companies dont get it, just include the video file, dont add these apps that we can then never remove. they are that affraid that people are going to want to steal their tiny cellphone resolution video?

Metro's bloatware also is driving me nuts. Easy Wifi? come on, it adds no additional functionality other than reporting everyones wifi locations back to them. Make sure you go into the easy wifi settings and turn off wifi reporting. What this does is allow easy wifi to scan for wifi hotspots where ever you are and when ever it finds one it sends the hotspot info and location back to them. Who know what there doing with the info, selling it? telling others where hotspots are that your phone has come accross?

Upvote 0
Thanks but the card itself is gone....living in an lg optimus m.
It's the icon for it that I want gone.
I'm guessing the newly found root will take care of it. Just waiting to see how that shakes out, then I'll be doing it.

only way to remove the app is with root access.

I just updated the bloatware remover to remove all unwanted metro apps(left metro store for easy reinstall of metro apps) and it now also gives full root access to all apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones