• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't disable autocorrect

Mussolini

Lurker
Feb 13, 2013
My autocorrect is a miserable experience, I don't know if it has ever helped me. Mostly it just picks the wrong words and spanish words instead of what I was writing. When I do make a typo it keeps it instead of correcting it.

I went into settings --> language & keyboard. Then I disabled 'spelling correction', but it is still doing it.

How do I get rid of it, or find a working autocorrect piece of software?

thanks. how do i do that though? im new to smartphones, is there a program to get?

go to the play store and search for keyboards for android

i like swype myself, but i hear great things about swift key or go keyboard as well.

once you download the app, go to settings>langauage & keyboard>select the keyboard of your choice. then on the phone go to anywhere where you enter text into like your text messaging app and long press on where you enter text and then select your keyboard.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones