• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't disable stock SMS notification

So I installed handcent SMS and disabled notifications from the stock HTC messaging app but I still get double notifications. Anyone else experiencing this bug? :thinking:

Thats odd. I did the same thing today and the notifications are working perfectly. Handcent is giving my notifications, but the stock app is not.
Unfortunately, I dont know if I can give you any advice, since I did exactly what you said you did.

Upvote 0
this worked for me...

1. install handcent.
2. send message to yourself
3. in the drop down menu you will find both texts. one from handcent, other from default. click on the default
4. push use as default, and select handcent

This should resolve the issue. If it doesnt do this:
1. go to default messages
2. hit settings
3. turn off notifications

should resolve

Upvote 0
Nothing to do with stock messages, but didnt want to start a new thread for my question. I am new to Android and new to Handcent. How do I forward a message with handcent? I cannot figure it out, am sure it is something really simple I am missing. Thanks!

Long press on the message you want to send and a little pop up menu should come up..(?)

Reactions: IRuninCircles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones