1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I Can't Do Anything With ROM Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darkstar8101, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Darkstar8101

Darkstar8101 Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    I have my phone rooted and I downloaded ROM Manager so I can get Velocity 1.1. The problem is clockwork wont reboot into recovery, I can't fix permissions, and I can't use an alternative recovery. How can I stop ROM Manager from turning to shit?

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    If you have a phone shipped with ZV6 then go straight to the 2.2 root guide and get the "lite" zips. If not then find the lgnpst guide, do that, then go back to the 2.2 root guide and use the "lite" zips. To check try going into terminal emulator and typing "reboot bootloader" if it reboots to a blue screen you have fast boot, if not you need to downgrade to get it. If thats too much, well good luck and i hope you never need fastboot. You can remove /system/ect/install-recovery.sh to get the recovery to stick.

ROM Manager/Clockwork recovery dont do well with the ally. Also you may want to do some searching becuase EVERYTHING you want/need to know has already been discussed more than once and there no point to start another thread when you could just post on an existing about the same subject if you still have questions.

3. Darkstar8101

Darkstar8101 Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    What is ZV6 and how can I tell if my phone has been shipped with it?

4. d0nd0n

d0nd0n Member
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    N/A
    Ohio
    ZV6 is an Android software version for the LG Ally.

To check, go to Settings > About Phone and under SW Version, the last 3 digits will indicate what version you have. I have ZVD, and I'm on Velocity 1.1, which is based on 2.2.1

5. AndroidKris

AndroidKris Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010

He told you how to tell if you're phone came with ZV6. Open terminal(on phone) and type "reboot bootloader" (without quotes). If it reboots to a blue screen, then you have fastboot, which means your phone was shipped with ZV6. If no blue screen, then you need to use LGNPST to get back to ZV6 and recover fastboot.

KingOfGreen likes this.
Tags: