• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I Can't Do POP3

Very strangely, my POP biz email just started working a couple days ago w/out any help from me. Never changed any settings. My phone had been turned off for a few hours. After turning it back on, I got a notification that I had new email and there were 25 emails sitting there in the email app. Bizarre. It's like it fixed itself.

Upvote 0
Mine quite working the other day. I had setup my pop3 account back in Nov when I got the driod and just left the checking at never and would check manually when I needed to. I finally have it cleaned up where I don't have any big mailing lists coming to it so I changed it to once an hour and now every time I open the e-mail app it just sits there never connects.

Upvote 0
I know my POP mail will NOT work with WiFi enabled. It hangs or says connection error. If you are having trouble with POP3 try turning off WiFi...then end the email application through a task killer or the manage applications. I have even had to switch the phone to airplane mode to kill the phone/data connection to free it up if it is hanging. Once I open the email application again it starts working. I basically never turn on WiFi unless I am doing something that is data intensive.

(Note that my POP3 account for work is through Yahoo bizmail which is known to have issues)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones