• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't even believe this...

I have been pretty busy today, but I took my phone off the charger about 12 hours ago and I am at 60%. Like I said I have busy and haven't played with my phone much today but dang that is good.

On a sad note, I was holding my phone and my wife bumped into me and I dropped my phone on the linoleum floor and my battery back fell off. I was super pissed but glad to see not even a scratch on my phone. I never dropped my Incredible and only dropped my Eris once, but this after two days. I think I am going to buy a case now.

Upvote 0
I wasnt expecting it to be better than my Droid, but holy hell it is! The X's battery rocks
Ditto. I even turned on GPS AND BlueTooth, and the battery life still hung in there like a champ. With the Moto Droid, I was always reaching for a charger or spare battery midway through the day. Between the astounding battery life, the keyboard, screen and speed, I'm doing a Snoopy dance..... But oh how I wish they had left the original Droid's speaker alone. This one is just too soft. Oh well...

Upvote 0
After 3 hours of light use this morning it dropped 10%. I still think my Eris is better.

I was getting terrible battery life the first 3 days...then yesterday after it hit 30% after 5 hours, i powered it off, took the battery out for a minute then put it back in and my battery read 70% and lasted for 6 more hours...i was happy with that, hopefully the battery will condition so i don't have to remove it every day!

Is it safe to say that there is a bit of a bug in regards to reading battery life?

Upvote 0
It should... hopefully :) anyone else have their battery usage meter saying the screen is using 56% battery??

Actually mine says Display 89%, Cell standby 10%, Phone idle 2%...I just noticed something else too. My phone sayd it's been unplugged for 1 hour 30 minutes, but I unplugged it at 10 AM, 4 hours ago...I did power off my phone at one point, I guess that would reset this count.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones