• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't even believe this...

thats what I'm saying though. You should expect more than eight hours of battery out of your smartphone. If you are willing to do what it takes to maintain it. These are mini computers here. You can't download just any old app (even if its from a trusted source like TWC) and not be willing to cut it loose if its not letting your device run the way you want it too. I'm not just saying dump the task killer. I'm saying dump TWC app too. Also 2.1 has a built in task killer of sorts. If you go to menu>settings>applications> running services you will find whats running in the background. If I've exited an application (by backing out, not by pressing the home key) and I find it there when I don't want it there, ITS GONE. thats it. I've also re-read some of the post I've put here and I want to apologize for my tone. Its was no needed or asked for and I am sorry.

Reactions: sanjeeva7
Upvote 0
Well I will uninstall the task killer and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Oh and I don't think asking for more than 8 hours with very light use is asking too much from a smartphone!! Since I fully charged my phone I had 1 phone call less than 5 minutes long and maybe 10 text messages.

Have you taken a look at what programs are sucking down all your juice?

settings > Battery manager > Battery use

You may have a rogue program sucking down all your juice...

Reactions: sanjeeva7
Upvote 0
Took it off the charger at 5:30AM. I've received a phone call that lasted for 3 minutes, checked into a venue on foursquare and sent a text or two. I used the camera once to show a friend the phone and already I think I'm down below 90%. How do you read the battery meter anyway? If it says 90% does that mean it is somewhere between 80% and 90% or that it is somewhere between 90% and 100%?

EDIT: I wonder if it is just the battery meter bug....?

Upvote 0
My battery was so-so at first, but yesterday I let it drain completely out until it was dead, charged it up fully, and now I'm going to get about a 24+ charge out of it, and that's with having the screen on constantly last night after I took it off the charger at 3 p.m.
I'll try letting it drain once tonight. I forgot I had to do that with my Eris.

Upvote 0
Nope. Mine is just as bad if not worse than my incredible.

Same. Used both - stock battery for Incredible life was decent.

But with the 1500 mah battery from HTC battery life on my Incredible was absolutely Incredible.

The X is decent too - but certaintly not better than the incredible.

On the Incredible I got 24+ hours with medium usage and 40-50 hours with light usage.

Plus, the OTA was just leaked - with that everyones battery life has improved EVEN more!!

Definitely sticking with the Incredible. Battery is just as good (better in my opinion) with the $15 upgrade, AMOLED screen blows the washed out colors of the X out of the water.

Happy as heck I stuck with the Incredible :D:D

Plus the X is too big. The teenies will love it though.

Upvote 0
I'm having serious battery issues myself. I charged up around 1 p.m. EST and it died on me around 8 p.m. I haven't even configured wifi yet so it is off. I even turn it on standby when not in use. I sent a few texts and checked gmail a few times and downloaded a few apps. I constantly kill apps with task killer. I have the brightness set to 0%, battery on smart, auto shutoff after 2 minutes, etc. I've done everything possible yet my battery won't even last half a day with minimal use.

There are other people having this problem with the X. It could be a result of Moto Blur - the UI which is very poor software.

I recommend getting Launcher Pro app.

Upvote 0
Same. Used both - stock battery for Incredible life was decent.

But with the 1500 mah battery from HTC battery life on my Incredible was absolutely Incredible.

The X is decent too - but certaintly not better than the incredible.

On the Incredible I got 24+ hours with medium usage and 40-50 hours with light usage.

Plus, the OTA was just leaked - with that everyones battery life has improved EVEN more!!

Definitely sticking with the Incredible. Battery is just as good (better in my opinion) with the $15 upgrade, AMOLED screen blows the washed out colors of the X out of the water.

Happy as heck I stuck with the Incredible :D:D

Plus the X is too big. The teenies will love it though.

It is friggin huge. Its my only gripe with it.

Upvote 0
It does only use increments of 10. I'm just wondering if when it says 90% it means that the actual battery is somewhere between 90 and 100 or 80 and 90.

Finally someone says something about this! Thank you so much!

If you guys find out why the X does this, please let me know!! Kinda driving me crazy that I don't get to see the battery percentage at each percent. It's almost like a pyschological game -- I think my battery is fine when the meter reads 70% (let's say) but then a minute later it drops to 60%! WTF!!!:eek:

I'd rather know I am at 61% for that minute before than THINK I'm at 70% and then drop down to 60%.

Yes, I am OCD about this. Hoping the OTA fix (today, tomorrow, whenever) might just address this.

Anyone else feeling this way or am I the only one?
-Elo

Upvote 0
Finally someone says something about this! Thank you so much!

If you guys find out why the X does this, please let me know!! Kinda driving me crazy that I don't get to see the battery percentage at each percent. It's almost like a pyschological game -- I think my battery is fine when the meter reads 70% (let's say) but then a minute later it drops to 60%! WTF!!!:eek:

I'd rather know I am at 61% for that minute before than THINK I'm at 70% and then drop down to 60%.

Yes, I am OCD about this. Hoping the OTA fix (today, tomorrow, whenever) might just address this.

Anyone else feeling this way or am I the only one?
-Elo
Same boat. I like knowing exactly where the battery is. If I can't know that I'd like to at least have longer battery life so I don't need to worry about it. Right now my phone says 70%, I don't know what that means. Am I at 61% or 70% (took it off the charger at 5:30AM)??? I'm hoping that letting it drain and charge overnight once will help.

Upvote 0
I called VZW today to get more info on release date for the extended battery and they told me August sometime but that it's 1850mAh. Who makes the 1930mAh?

It's Motorola. It was announced at their press release and it has been repeated in several tech reviews saying that it's coming in August. Verizon's extended battery is their own.

Upvote 0
My battery is NOT lasting anywhere near this, I am 8.5 hours off the charger and my battery is in the orange. Now I understand this is still good for a smart-phone, but hearing all these battery raves depresses me. I even shut the display down too its dimmest setting to try to save battery. Well this is the first full discharge I have been able to get, since I was out at events until 2 and 4 am all weekend I kept it charged up in case I needed the phone portion. So here's hoping tomorrow is a better day on battery life, since it will have a discharge on it. I suppose its also possible that it isn't really that discharged, its just displaying that much.

Upvote 0
My battery is NOT lasting anywhere near this, I am 8.5 hours off the charger and my battery is in the orange. Now I understand this is still good for a smart-phone, but hearing all these battery raves depresses me. I even shut the display down too its dimmest setting to try to save battery. Well this is the first full discharge I have been able to get, since I was out at events until 2 and 4 am all weekend I kept it charged up in case I needed the phone portion. So here's hoping tomorrow is a better day on battery life, since it will have a discharge on it. I suppose its also possible that it isn't really that discharged, its just displaying that much.

Can you try something for me? Can you reboot your phone and see what it says for your battery percentage?

Upvote 0
Can you try something for me? Can you reboot your phone and see what it says for your battery percentage?

Sure, Ok, I finally found where you all were getting a percentage number. I was at 30% prior to the reboot.

After the reboot, it said 50% WTF-Over Anyhow, I'll monitor and see if it drops like a rock in the next few minutes of if it stayed at 50%

Is this the "Battery Bug" that everyone has been talking about?

Upvote 0
The battery % bug, I hope this gets fixed.

The Droid couldnt read the 2600 and 2800 Seidio battery right at all. We all had to use a battery widget to go by the voltage % left. And like whats happening with this bug, if the phone thought u was low on battery life, certain apps would shut down. Or the phone would shut off thinking u was out of battery.

Remember...the X still has only been released days ago. Lets give it at least a month or 2. I mean the X still has a OTA that was just released today. lol

I dont think any recent phone had a flawless release...even the "mighty" Inc. and iPhone 4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones